Saturday 18 October 2014

What Have I been up to? // Healthy Eating


Hey guys!

As it's plainly obvious, I haven't posted in AGEEEES. I apologise. I don't have an excuse, I've just been doing me for a while. What does that mean? It means that I've been working hard to reach my current goals.

Goal number 1: Eat better.

I generally don't eat bad per say, but I've never been too strict. I eat whatever my partner or I have cooked or bought. That's usually a bit of pasta, some fish/chicken and veg or maybe a frozen convenience meal if I'm feeling lazy. Occasionally there's some takeaway chucked in the mix. Hot potato chips are my biggest downfall. I could eat them for every meal if I let myself. Even now (7:40am) I feel like eating some. 

I wouldn't consider myself overweight by any means but like almost every woman (and many men, too) I've certainly got insecurities, the biggest being my thighs and lower stomach. I've been working hard at the gym to tone up these areas (and get da booty)... It was really time I kicked it up a notch though. I promised myself that when September came around I'd put down the donuts. Being the *sarcasm* forever organised person that I am, I really needed an extra hand though. 

I tried following the Kayla Itstines nutrition guide for a week after a friend told me she was doing it. SO hard. I trust that it's well written and researched - plus it gets results - but I don't feel like it was for me. I applaud anyone who can follow that plan as a lifestyle (I'm sure it does get easier) but I was grumpy all week, I got so sick of organising my meals all the time and it ended up costing almost twice as much at the supermarket. Not to mention the temptations... Cookies,  donuts, chocolate - it was all right in front of me. I persevered (and ignored those temptations) though, and when I weighed myself at the end of the week I'd lost roughly 2kgs. 

I should mention that I didn't do the Kayla Itstines bikini body exercises at all during that week,  just followed the example meal plan. I continued my regular gym plan - 3.5 days of weights with approx. 20 minutes of cardio on one of the days. I should also mention that the H.E.L.P. guide is designed to be at least somewhat flexible and I'm mostly just being a sook. 

At the moment,  ladies and gentlemen, I'm trying to workout the perfect 'diet' for me. I've been trying SO hard to stay away from the hot chips, as tempting as they are and I'll keep trying to stay healthy. Veggies, meat and rice are looking alright! 
If you know of any great (healthy) recipes please share. I'll be keeping an eye out and share any exceptional meals I find! 

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment