Saturday 23 August 2014

Mini Review // GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

This week, I had planned on writing a post either Thursday or Friday, but - as it often does - life got in the way. I was playing on my phone trying to think of a quick post idea and came across these photos from a few months ago, so here's my experience with the GlamGlow Youthmud mud mask.
A little while back, when my boyfriend and I were in Melbourne, I stopped in at Mecca Maxima to pick up a couple of things. I had my eye on the GlamGlow Youthmud, since I'd seen great reviews of it online and from youtubers such as Shaaanxo. However, since it costs $75aud for the full size, I wanted to be sure it was worth it. I asked the lovely staff if I could grab a sample - enough for two because I planned on using Jordan as a guinea pig and they were happy to give me this.

Just for reference, I have normal/combination skin and Jordan has normal to slightly dry skin (although he does have breakouts quite regularly). Every now and then I'll get pimples on either my forehead or chin (both if I'm so lucky) and can be oily in these areas as well as around my nose.
Sorry Jordan! Hehe (I'm sure he didn't want this photo public)
The girl at Mecca advised us that it was very important to only leave it on for 10 minutes and no longer. I applied it to both our faces using a foundation paddle brush to make sure we had an even layer, avoiding the mouth and eye area (obviously). In the mud there are green tea leaf pieces which look a little funky - that's whats sitting across my nose. The treatment goes on dark grey and dries to a lighter green-grey colour.

The next couple of photos might look a little gross, but they really show just how well the treatment is at extracting pimples and oil in the skin. Within about 5 minutes you could notice the mud had soaked up the oily area around the sides of my nose and some of the pores in on my nose too. Before applying the Youthmud, I had a rather large pimple on my chin. As you can see below, it sucked all of the oil and impurities out of that too. I'm 100% impressed with the way it works on pimples. Jordans blemishes were deeper in his skin and while the treatment didn't completely eliminate those, his skin did look and feel a lot better afterwards. It also didn't seem to be too drying to his skin (I made him apply moisturiser after).


In my opinion there are other masks out there, for a lower price, that will work as well for a whole face treatment. Youthmud would work best for best for spot treating your problem areas and helping to quickly reduce blemishes. I'm yet to purchase the full size product, but I think if i had the spare money, I definitely would.


Okay, so maybe this wasn't such a mini-review - I tried to keep it short! I hope this helped if you were considering buying this mud mask.
If you're in Australia you can purchase it (or ask for a sample like I did) at Mecca Cosmetica or Mecca Maxima, and online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment