Sunday 17 August 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up // 17th August

This week I was SICK. It's currently late winter here in Australia. I managed to avoid the common cold most of the winter this year but of course, working in a customer service type position and talking to tonnes of people everyday, I was bound to catch something.

Monday night I went to bed with a slightly sore throat -nothing major - but I woke up on Tuesday feeling like I'd had a paper bag sealed over my head. I was stuffy, couldn't breathe, had a raging headache, nausea and a scratchy throat (probably a fever too). Unfortunately, I had work later that day and I've not called in sick to this day. Lucky it was only a short shift, because I was working near the door on a cold day and having to blow my nose between nearly every customer. Don't worry, I used sanitiser every time I touched my face to help stop the spread of the virus! As I didn't have to work on Wednesday, I spent the whole day sleeping. I had to work on Thursday and Friday again but was feeling slightly better - I still had a horrible headache and sniffy, blocked nose though.
Thank god for Codral Cold & Flu Tablets or I wouldn't have gotten through the week, and I think this cold would have been around for a lot longer too! They are honestly life savers.

Almost every night this week I ate takeaway - I had just lost some weight too (after a long period of being stuck at the same weight) but hot potato chips are my comfort food, and I definitely needed comfort food.

I hope everyone reading this is feeling happy and healthy today! Sorry about the post, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but this is really all that went on in my life this week. Sad, I know!

Until next time...


Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment